Oral Conscious Sedation has a sedative effect and also some degree of amnesic effect for most people. Patients remember little or nothing about their dental appointment. If you experience mild to moderate levels of anxiety with dental treatment the use of an oral sedative may be an option for you.
Advantages to patients include:
- Treatment is performed when you are in a more relaxed mood.
- Works well for mild to moderate anxiety.
- Helps decrease memory of the procedure.
- Is easy to administer: just swallow a small pill!
- Is effective for most patients with mild to moderate anxiety
- Is safe and easy to monitor
- Is low cost